Frogman became very popular among G-Shock collectors for 2 decades. G-Shock Fans knows that the Frogman is a high-end model of the Casio G-Shock line of watches. The very first model of G-Shock Frogman DW-6300 has released in 1993.
The second-generation G-Shock was released in 1995. The second-generation “FROGMAN” of G-SHOCK’s waterproof specification for 200m diving that conforms to the ISO standard that can also be used for scuba diving. The round asymmetrical case, which is the first to use lightweight and rust-resistant titanium, is also equipped with an EL backlight. Functions such as the diving function and log data memory have also been enhanced. The case back is engraved with a diving frog motif.
The Frogman has an asymmetric shape and is attached eccentrically on its straps. It is specially made as a diving watch for scuba divers and is the only ISO 6425-compliant G-Shock line with a 200 m Divers rating.
- Specifications – functions
– Screw back
– Impact-resistant structure (shock resist)
– Waterproof for ISO200m diving
– Resin band
– Diving function (diving time: measurement range 23 hours 59 minutes – – 59 seconds, the display unit 1 second, interval time: measurement range 23 – hours 59 minutes (59 seconds), the display unit 1 minute)
– 1 log data (dive start time, dive time) memory
– Stopwatch (1/100 second, 24-hour counter, with split)
– Timer (set unit: 1 second, maximum set: 24 hours, 1/10 second unit measurement, auto-repeat)
– 3 multi-alarms, time signal
– Fully automatic calendar
– 12/24 hour system display switching
– EL backlight (with afterglow function)
– Accuracy: Average monthly difference ± 15 seconds
– Battery life: about 2 years
– EL: blue-green